Minimum starting age is 14 years and lasts for at least 6 months
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award - Uganda
Founded in in the United Kingdom in 1956 by His Royal Highness the Prince Phillip, The Duke of Edinburgh’s, we are the leading youth achievement award for young people. We bring together practical experience and life skills to create committed citizens of the world.
In Uganda, since 1995, the Award has transformed the lives of over 40,000 young people and has a current annual reach of over 10,000 participants.
What is the Award all about?
- Personal discovery and growth.
- Leadership and accountability for actions.
- Ethical and professionalism in work.
- Unity and team work in life.
- Perseverance and discipline.
- Service to the community.